The ACMP PNW Regional Network Board is looking for two new board members for this election cycle. We are looking for Chapter Members who actively participate in Chapter Events and/or have served the Board in a volunteer capacity. The nomination period is open until Friday, April 20th!
As a Chapter, we are a locally focused, globally inspired network of change practitioners and learners looking to advance the discipline of change through practice, community & thought leadership. As board members, we work together with ACMP Global to create connections for the purpose of increasing the capability and capacity of individuals and organizations to evolve and advance the response to the ever increasing pace of change.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
As a Member of the Board you have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of experienced professionals to execute against our chapter’s mission and help shape our future! The time commitment on the Board is approximately 5-8 hours per month depending on role for a two-year term. Additionally, the Board meets face-to-face at least once a year, for up to two days in either Portland or Seattle.
Below are the two open roles we are looking to fill for the next Board Term:
MEMBER ENGAGEMENT DIRECTOR
The Member Engagement role is a two year term focused on recruitment, retention, and active participation of chapter members. The goal is to grow our chapter by attracting interested change professionals and learners, and to provide meaningful opportunities for members to contribute to the chapter through volunteer activities.
The role of the PNW ACMP Member Engagement Director includes responsibility for the following:
- The process of recruitment, retention, and renewal of chapter memberships through actions such as:
- Recruitment outreach
- New member calls and welcome packet distribution
- Non-renewal outreach and renewal acknowledgement
- Response to inquiries from prospective members
- Refer interested members to volunteer teams
- In partnership with Marcom board members, design and execution of annual member and non-member surveys- including ongoing question refinement, distribution and report production
- Membership recruitment and retention reporting
- Collaboration with other local professional organizations such as ODN, ATD, HIMSS, etc.
- Foster PNW ACMP volunteer engagement:
- Secure and maintain a high level of volunteer engagement through alignment of volunteer interests with chapter needs, acknowledge/reward volunteer contributions, and solicit volunteer feedback regarding their volunteer experience
- Prepare and distribute as agreed: Member engagement plan, roadmap, metrics/dashboard
- Leverage Global ACMP member engagement resources, contacts, materials, policies, lessons- whatever is available to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the PNW chapter member engagement processes and activities
The Vice President of the Board is prepared at all times to assume the role of Board President, if necessary. The Vice President, whose knowledge and commitment mirrors that of the President, may serve in the President’s place for board activities and in the spokesperson capacity. The President may delegate special assignments to the Vice President.
The Vice President role is a one year term and also serves as the owner of governance and election efforts and in the role of incoming President Elect. After serving a one year term as President, also serves a one year term as Chapter Advisor.
The role of the ACMP PNW Vice President includes responsibility for the following:
- Performs responsibilities of the President when the President cannot be available
- Participates in the development, establishment and maintenance of policies through which the work of the organization is accomplished
- Suggests policy-related agenda items for meetings
- Accountable for the ACMP PNW Board election process, including strategy, planning and execution including election related communications
- Works with the President and the rest of the Board to prospect for, recruit, elect, appoint and onboard new Board members
- Helps with the periodic review and modification of Bylaws as needed
- Participates closely with the President to develop and implement board member transition plans
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Board
Between now and April 20th, nominate yourself or someone you know that might be interested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a resume when submitting your nomination. Here are key date ranges that you need to be aware of for the election process:
- April 10th – April 20th: Call for Nominations
- Throughout May: Conduct Interviews & Finalize Candidates
- End of May: Conduct Member Election
- Early June: Election Results Announced to the Chapter
We look forward to hearing from you by Friday, April 20th!
-Your ACMP PNW Chapter Board